ALS Awareness Month is an opportunity for the ALS community to work together to help educate people about this devastating disease and shine a spotlight on the impact ALS has on the families it touches.
So, to kick off the month, we’re highlighting eight easy ways you can get involved and help raise awareness of ALS, this month, and beyond.
- Share what you know. Send this link to ten people you know and encourage them to do the same! Sharing facts about ALS via infographics and videos will help others understand just how devastating this disease is for those who are diagnosed and their families.
- Get social! Follow us on our social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn. Like and share our facts and stories this month with your networks and help spread awareness of ALS every day. And don’t forget to use the hashtags #ALS and #ALSAwareness.
- Tell YOUR story. Have you been personally impacted by ALS? Let your voice be heard. Whether it’s local media, social media or just events you attend, find creative ways to share your connection to the community and tell people why you’re helping to fight ALS. And if you’d like US to share your story, email us at email@example.com.
- Become an advocate. Register online with our Advocacy Action Center and sign up for action alerts by text. And if you’re interested in making a difference in your own backyard, learn more about our state public priorities to help fight for change for the ALS community.
- Up for a challenge? Register for an event near you TODAY! Whether you want to walk, run, ride, or something of your own creation, your participation will help spread awareness and show the ALS community we’re all in this together.
- Catch up on the latest news. Sign up for our e-newsletter or get the latest research updates from The ALS Association monthly! You can also listen to The ALS Association's latest podcast on Connecting ALS.
- Extra time on your hands? Come volunteer with us! Without the hard work and commitment of individuals around the country who graciously give their time to help support the ALS community, we would not be able to do what we do every day.
- Make a donation. Your support will make a difference in the lives of so many, helping us to accelerate research, advocate for policy change, and provide critical care for families impacted by ALS.
Please join us this month and show people living with ALS and their families they are not alone. It will take all of us, working together, to make ALS livable for everyone, everywhere, until a cure is found.
Monday, May 1, 2023
Time: 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM